Monday, June 30, 2014

Blog Tour - All About Me

Every so often, like a chain letter, blog tour tags come along. When you’re tagged, you follow the instructions, play a while, then tag someone else and pass it along.
Last week I was tagged by award winning author, Carrie Padgett. You can read her blog here.    

Here’s my post: 

What am I working on?
Currently I’m waiting on edits from my publisher for my recently contracted time travel novella, Not Bound by Time. Also, I have received a couple of opportunities for contests and plan to enter at least one of those. I’ve always loved to contest.

How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I’m an Inspirational Romance Writer, but I tend to add a dash of adventure. My romances take place in exotic or unpredictable locations: a cave, Egypt, the white sands desert of Siwa to name a few. I also like to combine some of my other hobbies into my writing. My first novel, Alvarado Gold, was loosely based on an old family story I’d dug up doing genealogy and the last novel in the trilogy, The Tempering Agent, gives the reader a hint of my love of gemstones.

Why do I write what I do?
I wanted to read more clean adventure stories. I came to the romance writing arena dragging my heals, but the romances work easily into the stories and give them an additional purpose investigating the spiritual lives of the characters.

How does your writing process work?
I like to write when the rest of the family are off for the day. The first thing in the morning is great but I will write into the night, too. If I’m really charged up and full of ideas, then I may write all day long. If I have to think something through and listen to my characters “talk” to me, I go for a walk along the canal bank that runs behind my house and a couple of miles to the east and sort things out. The bigger the problem – the longer the walk.


And for next week I’m tagging:  Barbara Capell

1 comment:

Gay Lewis said...

Your books are full of adventure. I enjoy your style.