Thursday, September 19, 2013

Prism’s Birthday Blog Hop


I'd like to wish Prism a very happy birthday. September is my "birthday" with them as well. I signed on a year ago this month. They're a pretty awesome bunch to work with. The best part - they liked my books as much as I did!

Here's my favorite cake recipe:

Mexican Chocolate Cake

½ cup margarine
 ½ cup vegetable oil
2 squares unsweetened chocolate or 4 Tablespoon cocoa
1 cup water
2 cups flour, unsifted
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon soda
2 cups sugar
 ½ cup sour milk or 1½ teaspoons vinegar in ½ cup milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine margarine, oil, chocolate and water in sauce pan and heat until melted. Combine flour, soda, sugar, milk, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla in large bowl then combine with first mixture.

Pour batter into a greased 9 X 13 inch pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

Five minutes before cake is done prepare frosting.

Mexican Chocolate Frosting

1 stick margarine
2 squares unsweetened chocolate
6 Tablespoons milk
1 pound package of powered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup chopped pecans

Combine margarine, chocolate and milk in sauce pan and heat until bubbles form around the edge. Remove from heat. Add sugar, vanilla and pecans. Beat until sugar dissolves.

Pour frosting over warm cake and use spatula to smooth frosting to the edges.


To be entered to win the $100 gift card, please sign up with the Rafflecopter below.



Follow the blog hop for other great prizes, fun, and recipes!
One more birthday gift just for you:
And I'll be picking one winner for a copy of Alvarado Gold! Tell me your favorite dessert and please leave your email in the comments so I will be able to find you!



12 comments:

Chrisbails said...

My favorite dessert would have to be Cheesecake. Of any type, but no nuts please.
This Mexican cake sounds good. Going to have to make for the family. Thanks for sharing. Wishing a Happy bday to the Prism Group and also want to thank for sending me your way. I love to read and always looking for new authors to check out. Thanks for the fun hop and the recipe.
christinebails at yahoo dot com

Jean MP said...

This Mexican cake recipe sounds really good, I am copying it down to try. My favorite dessert is Pecan pie.
skpetal at hotmail dot com

CH said...

I love a party - and this is shaping up to be THE BEST!

Jennifer Mathis said...

my favorite is carmel covered peaches
meandi09@yahoo.com

Lisa Lickel said...

The cinnamon....love it.

Maureen said...

My favorite dessert is chocolate cheesecake.
Happy Birthday to Prism!
mce1011 AT aol DOT com

joye said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. My favorite dessert is anything with chocolate in it-from cheesecakes, to cookies, to cakes and other desserts.
JWIsley(at)aol(dot)com

Denise Z said...

This recipe looks really yummy, definitely copying it down :) Thank you for sharing.

Elf2060 said...

My very favorite used to be chocolate cherry cheesecake but I have to admit that most things that have decadent chocolate appeal to me, lol. Happy anniversary to you as well!

Elf2060 said...

My very favorite used to be chocolate cherry cheesecake but I have to admit that most things that have decadent chocolate appeal to me, lol. Happy anniversary to you as well!

Eva said...

Happy Anniversary Birthday! :)
Chocolate in any shape or form, in any kind of dessert.
bossu49(at)aol(dot)com

Catherine Lee said...

HMMM...I'm not really a chocolate fan so I like lemon desserts (like lemon ginger cookies), raspberry creme brulee, pumpkin rolls or cupcakes. YUM.
catherinelee100 at gmail dot com