Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Next Big Thing

I'm giving you all a heads up on my two books that will be coming out soon from PRISM BOOK GROUP.

1. What is the working title of your book?

Cairo and The Tempering Agent.

2. Where did the idea come from for the book?

My interest in archaeology, Egypt and exotic gemstones.

3. What genre does your book fall under?

Inspirational Romance/Suspense

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Cairo - Amy Adams; The Tempering Agent - Julanne Moore

5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Cairo - Unexpected circumstances in an exotic land reveal an unquieted love.
The Tempering Agent - Mystery, intrigue and murder bring together an unlikely couple.

6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

Agency - PRIMS BOOK GROUP

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

About a year for both

8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Escape to Big Fork Lake; Marked in Mexico

9. Who or What inspired you to write this book?

For Cairo, I wasn't finished telling the story started in my first novel, Alvarado Gold in The Tempering Agent, I wanted to mix my two hobbies of writing and gem collecting. The Tempring Agent continues the story started in the other two novels.

10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

Both books take place in Egypt and there is a mix of mythology, and ancient customs in both books. Also the gemstones of the high priest are explained in The Tempering Agent.

My nominees are:

Linda Robertson

Carrie Padgett

Linda Newton

Barbara Capell

1 comment:

Bess McBride said...

Vicki! I LOVE the covers from your new publisher. LOVE. The books sound great, and I know "Cairo" is one of your absolute favorites! "Write what you know" they say, and I'm a firm believer in that. Gem collecting, Egypt, archaeology...be still my beating heart. I love all those things! Best of luck, Vicki!

Bess