Sunday, August 30, 2009

Never Say Never

Well ~ it only took me two weeks to get back here this time. I have exciting news, I think ~ I've started a new novel.

I know I said I wouldn't do it again. I was going to write short stories and enter contests. After a lot of prodding, I'm eating my words.

This time Donnie, who is in the supporting cast of my other two novels, is out on his own and stepping into the romance arena. He's helping an intriguing English doctor solve a murder. She's an archaeologist and the working title is Tempering Agent.

I left Donnie in Egypt the last time he came out to play - so that's where it starts. And I'm mixing in my other hobby of collecting exotic gemstones - well that figures in, too.

So stay tuned folks, my writing class starts in a week and here we go again. If I finish this one - which if you know me, I will, it will take me about two years working and all. Of course I only plan to do that about 19 more months - so maybe sooner.

I'll keep you posted - and maybe even drop a few hints on the story line.

2 comments:

bunni said...

Vicki---that must take lots of research! How do you do it?

Victoria Pitts-Caine said...

Hey bunni -

Glad you stopped by. I keep the interent running in the background while I'm writing - it really helps! Plus I've bought several books on Egypt.

Vicki