Sunday, August 16, 2009

Here I am! Is anybody out there?

It has been two months and nine days since my last post. I always feel like I don't have much to say and then, decide not to say anything. It has been a challenging year. I started out with great intentions to do more reviews but other things always got in the way.

I felt a little disappointed in what I've tried to do and who it is reaching as far as my promotions, too. I've also felt like I was out in left field somewhere just standing there waiting for someone, anyone, to throw the ball my way.

BUT - there's good things happening, too. I bought a video in February and taught myself the ancient craft of wire wrapping. I'm getting pretty good at it and may enter something in the county fair. Most importantly I've followed my two passions - reading and writing. Check out my current favs over in the right hand corner (recently added) I also have two projects under consideration with two different publishers and I continue to write. And kiss frogs :)

I had sort of decided to post some of my odd ball work - so below is a silly little poem I wrote about a chicken almost becoming dinner.

Enjoy!!

Chicken Dinner

There’s a chicken in the yard.
The table’s set for dinner.

The ax blade hugs the strap
Honing sharpened edge.

Shoulders squared, opponents eye their foe.
Red comb stiffens against a stew pot home.

Open beaked, pinned against the fence.
Clutching fist surrounds the handle.

Universal panic bridges the gap.
The salad plate is full.

4 comments:

Vyone Nutter said...

Vickie ~ thank you for brining your blog to my attention. You are a super creative person and I look forward to exploring your books. "I am out here!" Vy Nutter

Melinda Pennington said...

Vickie, this is your cousin, Melinda Pitts Pennington. Its funny that I should receive your blog posting today of all days. You see I've been thinking of you for two days straight because I was wanting to ask your advice on something. Your the only person I know that writes books. Perhaps this could be your plot to your next #1 seller. I have an idea but will ask you via regular email. I dunno.

LuAnn said...

Welcome back, Vickie! I'll be anxious to read more from you.

Victoria Pitts-Caine said...

Vy, Melinda and LuAnn -

Thanks for the comments. It's my goal to keep them coming!

Vicki