Sunday, August 17, 2008

Introducing Guest Blogger Kara Lynn Russell


I'm privileged to have Guest Blogger Kara Lynn Russell this week. She's the author of the vastly popular Orchard Hill Series, another of which will be released this week.

Accepting Charity

Hello everyone and thank you Vicki for having me on your blog. I’m here to tell you about my latest release from The Wild Rose Press – Accepting Charity. This story is number 6 in my Orchard Hill Romance series. If you haven’t visited Orchard Hill yet, let me tell you a little bit about it.

This year there’s something special going on in the tiny town of Orchard Hill. Town matchmakers and longtime rivals Pansy Parker and Misty Green have decided to settle, for once and for all, just who is the best at bringing couples together. Whoever makes the most matches over a one year time frame will win…well nothing really because the contest is a secret. But they’ll have the satisfaction of knowing they’re the best.

In “Accepting Charity” it’s Misty’s turn to play matchmaker for Sarah and David. David is having a rough time, dealing with his sister’s death, settling her estate and learning to take care of his niece, Charity. Misty introduces him to Sarah, a speech therapist who helps him understand Charity’s disability. They are becoming friends when another relative challenges David’s suitability as a guardian, based on his single status and the amount of travel he needs to do for his job.

David would gladly let this other relative adopt Charity if he thought she could be a better guardian – but she’s definitely not mother material. So David and Sarah come up with a plan – they’ll pretend to be engaged to strengthen David’s position as guardian. But soon there’s more than pretend going on between them. Sarah can’t believe that someone like David would really care for her, and David must convince her otherwise if he wants to keep his new family together.

For the latest Orchard Hill information, visit my Orchard Hill Highlights blog – orchardhill.blogspot.com. For series information including blurbs, excerpts and free reads, visit my website – karalynnrussell.googlepages.org. You’ll find the excerpt for “Accepting Charity” here - http://karalynnrussell.googlepages.com/acceptingcharity.

Thank you again for inviting me to be here today, Vicki. Have a blessed day everyone.

Kara Lynn Russell

3 comments:

Elaine Cantrell said...

I haven't read any of the Orchard Hill stories, but it sounds like I should give them a try.

Elaine Cantrell
www.elainepcantrell.blogspot.com

Maggie Toussaint said...

Hi Victoria and Kara Lynn,
I love the Orchard Hill series, and this one sounds like another great story. The story setup has certainly captured my attention. Congratulations on the long-running series, Kara Lynn!

Maggie Toussaint
www.maggietoussaint.com
romance.danger.mystery

Sarita Leone said...

I'm with Maggie; I love the Orchard Hill series. The characters are so realistic they pop off the pages. At the close of each story I sit back, sigh and smile. These stories really touch my heart.

Congratulations Kara! I can't wait to read Accepting Charity.

Great blog post! :)