Sunday, August 24, 2008

Introducing Guest Blogger Georgiana Daniels

I'd like to welcome Georgiana. Her first book, Table for One, has had some outstanding reviews.


Georgiana Daniels is the wife of a super-generous husband, and the mother of a teen and two tots. After graduating with a degree in public relations, she spent several years in the business world, but now has the privilege of staying home and working on the stories she loves. Table for One is her first book. When not writing, she spends her time burning up miles on the treadmill, blogging, and participating in ACFW and RWA.

Table for One

Since writing Table for One, many people have asked what inspired the story. It's simple--the lack of single, godly men in the church. Though I've been happily married for almost seven years, I remember the days of singleness with nary a Y-chromosome in sight, and when a new man would come on the scene all the women would flock to him. (Naturally I never wanted to be a flocker, but that's beside the point.) Under such circumstances, the difficulty of focusing our sights on God and not man, and learning to be content with His timing and not ours, can stretch our faith until it hurts.

It's been over two years since I started writing Table for One, but I'll never forget when I put my finger on the perfect opening. I was walking across the parking lot at Sam's Club on Valentine's Day and thinking about how ridiculously phony I thought the whole thing was. Evidently, marriage never erased the negative feelings that took years to develop. Then it hit me--my heroine doesn't like Valentine's Day either! But why? A-ha! Because everyone knows she's single and dateless, and her parents send her pity flowers. Boom, TFO was on a roll.

Putting my heroine through torture every day as I sat down to write was more fun than I can recount. But the bottom line I hope that readers take away from the story is this: trust God, because He will fulfill your desires in unexpected ways.

Blurb:

Successful stockbroker Lucy Brocklehurst hasn't had a date in four years. In a town where the ratio of single women to men is 7:1, she's determined to wait on God for the perfect mate--as long as it's the hot new youth pastor at her church.

Lucy will do anything to get his attention, including volunteering for the youth group. Through a series of misadventures on the teen outings, Lucy finds herself falling in love with a kindhearted chaperone named Edgar Flowers. But when their relationship grows serious, Lucy discovers the lengths his recently widowed mother will go to in order to keep them apart. What starts out as harmless interference turns into an all out tug of war, with Edgar as the prize!

Will Lucy crumble under the scrutiny of her would-be mother-in-law? Or can Lucy and Edgar's budding romance survive the schemes of his meddling mom?

Purchase Link:
http://www.thewildrosepress.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=144&products_id=679.

4 comments:

Georgiana said...

Hi Vicki, thanks for having me on your blog!

Linda LaRoque said...

Hi Georgiana,
I read Table for One and thoroughly enjoyed it. I love how it ended.
Linda

Georgiana said...

Thank you, Linda! I'm glad you enjoyed TFO =)

Judith Leger said...

Hi Georgiana!
Table for One sound great! Wish you the very best.

Hugs,
Judith