Friday, November 9, 2007

Interview with Rose Ross Zediker

Rose is one of the authors with Wild Rose Press. Her soon to be released book: Through the Eyes of Love is one of the books in the inspirational, White Rose line.

Here are few of the questions she answered for me:

Q. When did you start writing?
A. I started writing in 1991. I took a correspondence course for children's writing.

Q. How do you make time for your writing?

A. I write in the evenings and on weekends since I also have a full time job. I don't set a certain number of words or pages to write a day, instead I set monthly goals and strive to meet them. I treat my writing career as a part time job.

Q. Who is your favorite character in your book and why?

A. I think that Mrs. Schulz is my favorite character because she is the "bad person". Even though she is a minor character, she was fun to write because I could make her as opinioned and mean as I wanted.

Q. How long did it take you to write your book?

A.This book began as a first chapter/synopsis contest entry. I wrote the rough draft of the book in about six weeks. I began revising the manuscript while I waited for the contest results. I didn't win and put the book away for a while, then I decided to get it out and finish it. So, it took working on it on and off for about two years to get it ready to submit for publication.

1 comment:

Kara Lynn Russell said...

Rose,
I agree that it is fun to write the "mean" characters sometimes. I guess it's a good escape valve for the rottenness that resides in all of us, but which we are too smart to show in polite company. I think that's why people like outrageous characters like Archie Bunker. We love to watch them behave as childishly and selfishly as we would like to. But when they get their comeuppance we remember why we don't!
Kara